1/2 Photos of Kittencal's Perfect Pan-Fried Steak
3 hrs 6 mins
For perfect results plan ahead the steaks must be brought down to almost room temperature which might take several hours, this recipe works perfectly for beef tenderloin steaks of coarse you may use it for any cut of beef, cooking times stated is for an 8-ounce steak at 1-1/2 inch thick --- I use Montreal Steak Spice for this but freshly ground coarse black pepper will work fine, and you may adjust the black pepper to taste, since salt will draw out the juices from the beef do not salt until after cooking --- since not all cuts of meat are the same, for this method a more tender cut of steak is suggested to use such a strip loin etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl combine 3 tablespoons oil with 2 teaspoons steak seasoning or ground black pepper.
- 2Rub both steaks with the oil/pepper mixture.
- 3Allow the steaks to sit out to almost room temperature (about 1-1/2 to 2 hours).
- 4Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Quickly sear the meat about 5 seconds on each side; remove from the skillet to a plate.
- 6Add 2 tablespoons butter to the hot skillet allow to sizzle and brown, then return the meat to the skillet and fry 4-5 minutes per side (the outside of the steak should be browned and crisp).
- 7Remove steaks from the skillet and allow to stand for 5 minutes to allow the juice to settle.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Perfect Pan-Fried Steak
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 101.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef steaks