Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I find this is the best recipe for appetizer meatballs everyone seems to like this one when I serve it at my get togethers, but you most certainly can use your own favorite meatball recipe for this, or see my Parmesan meatball Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs you can reduce the garlic amount to taste if desired. Don't omit the dry onion soup, it what makes these meatballs Yield is only estimated and all amounts can be adjusted to taste.
Top Review by Outta Here
10 STARS! I have been making the chili sauce-grape jelly version for years and wanted something different this year. This will now be my standby recipe! The sauce is much better than my old version. The marmalade and soy sauce are nice additions. Thanks for this keeper. I am going to make another batch for New years! Made for Tag game at kittencalskitchen.com
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 small eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 (1 ounce) packageslipton dry onion soup mix (can use only one package, two is better!)
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (can use more)
- 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Heinz Chili Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (can use more)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine all the meatball ingredients together.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- In a skillet brown the meatballs in hot oil over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes (meatballs will not be completely cooked through) remove and drain on paper towels.
- For the sauce; in a large saucepan mix together the cranberry sauce with all remaining ingredients; cook over medium heat stirring constantly until smooth.
- Season with black pepper if desired.
- Add in the browned meatballs; reduce heat to low and cook about 20-25 minutes or until the centers are no longer pink.