Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Add about 1 cup of this fruit puree to your favorite marinade and refrigerate overnight or for tougher cuts of beef use alone and marinade for no more than 8 hours, the enzymes in this fruit will break down the meat fibers to create extreme tenderizing --- use only fresh fruit not frozen or canned.
Top Review by esimp52
I'm in Indonesia: pineapple and papaya are easy to come by, tender beef is not. This marinade is outstanding. It tenderizes the local beef to standards better than USDA choice. Use it with a marinade to add flavor as well and your meat will be just great.
- 1 large fresh pineapple (peeled and chopped, hard core removed)
- 1 fresh papaya (peeled, stone removed and chopped)
- 2 cups water (or use as much water for the desired thickness of the puree)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pineapple chunks, papaya chunks and water in a food processor; process until pureed and very smooth (do not add in any sugar).
- Divide the mixture into 1-cup plastic freezer containers then freeze.
- Add 1-2 cups thawed puree mixture to your favorite meat marinade and marinade overnight.