Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I like to make this as soon as asparagus season roles around ---try not to purchase thick asparagus as it tends to be tough, you may adjust the garlic amount to taste, I have left the chili flakes as optional I like to add them in for heat :)
Top Review by nsomniak6
I used 1 lb. asparagus and increased the butter by one Tbsp. and I added about 1 tsp. lemon juice right at the end of the cooking time to brighten the flavor. This was a great recipe!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus (tough ends removed)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet melt butter with oil over medium heat.
- Add in kosher salt, garlic and crushed chili flakes (if using) cook stirring for about 1 minute (do not brown the garlic).
- Add in asparagus and cook for about 8-10 minutes turning the spears to ensure even cooking.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.