Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I like to make this as soon as asparagus season roles around ---try not to purchase thick asparagus as it tends to be tough, you may adjust the garlic amount to taste, I have left the chili flakes as optional I like to add them in for heat :)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus (tough ends removed)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- In a large skillet melt butter with oil over medium heat.
- Add in kosher salt, garlic and crushed chili flakes (if using) cook stirring for about 1 minute (do not brown the garlic).
- Add in asparagus and cook for about 8-10 minutes turning the spears to ensure even cooking.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I used 1 lb. asparagus and increased the butter by one Tbsp. and I added about 1 tsp. lemon juice right at the end of the cooking time to brighten the flavor. This was a great recipe!
I made this recipe and just have to say Great! Kittencal you have done it again. I enjoy all of your recipes that I try. Thank you
I thought I had reviewed this. But I hadn't. I use this recipe every time I have fresh asparagus.
It is so good!. And It is not labor intensive. The smaller the asparagus, the tastiest because it is so melt in your mouth good!