1/4 Photos of Kittencal's Overnight Pizza Crust #2
24 hrs 30 mins
This makes a very tasty tender and chewy crust, you can leave the dough in one piece for an extra large pizza or divide it in two for two smaller pizzas --- this must be prepared a day in advance and refrigerated overnight after the first rise, no need to preheat the oven before baking the pizza, and make certain to sprinkle the cheese on top of the crust then place the remaining topping on top of the cheese --- you will love this crust!
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Proof the yeast with 1 teaspoon sugar in 1-1/2 cups warm water for about 8-10 minutes or until foamy.
- 2Meanwhile fit a heavy-duty stand mixer with the kneader blade.
- 3In the bowl, place 4 cups flour with 1/2 cup oil (can use vegetable or Canola oil) 1 teaspoon sugar, 2 teaspoons salt and the fresh chopped garlic or garlic powder (if using).
- 4After the yeast is proofed and foamy, add it to the bowl and start kneading, adding in more flour if needed to create a soft smooth dough (knead for about 8-10 minutes).
- 5Remove the dough to a lightly floured surface and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- 6Grease a large bowl.
- 7Gather up dough and knead gently for about 30 seconds and place into the bowl.
- 8Cover and let rise for about 1 hour (might take more or a little less than 1 hour) or until the dough doubles in size.
- 9Punch down dough.
- 10Shape into a large ball.
- 11Generously oil the outside of the dough ball, and place in a heavy-duty ziploc plastic bag and close the bag.
- 12Place in the fridge overnight.
- 13If the dough keeps rising in the bag, just punch lightly with hands and it will go down (you might have to do this several times, it will not effect the texture or taste).
- 14When ready to use roll out dough and place on a large pizza pan or two small pans, trim ends with a pizza cutter.
- 15Top with sauce then sprinkle with cheese and then top with favorite toppings (I like bacon and mushrooms!) the cheese must be put on before the toppings and over the sauce.
- 16Set oven to 425 degrees (bottom rack) and place into the oven immediately without preheating.
- 17Bake for about 30 minutes or until the crust is light brown on bottom.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Overnight Pizza Crust #2
Serving Size: 1 (996 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2924.2
- Calories from Fat 1040
- Total Fat 115.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4682.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 404.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.1 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 66.2 g