Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is an easy recipe just mix all ingredients together then bake in the oven --- use only low sodium soy sauce only and do not add in any extra salt --- the complete recipe may be doubled if desired
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant uncooked Minute Rice
- 1 (2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce (use low sodium soy sauce only)
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Grease a medium baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients together.
- Transfer into baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven; stir with a spoon.
- Return to oven and bake covered for another 45-50 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 15 minutes on top of stove.
- Stir in the green onions (if not using the green onions then fluff with a fork before serving).
Another great recipe! Was looking for a side dish that used mushroom and found this. I prepared with fresh shitake mushrooms and dry golden onion soup mix (basically chicken boullion with dry onions) and it was fantastic! We did not object to the salt level, and loved the 'tang' the soy sauce gave the rice. Thanks for posting!
This was really great!! I used fresh mushrooms as that is what I had on hand and had to use instant rice. I baked it for 10 mins, stirred and baked 30 more. I only used 1/2 pkg onion soup mix as suggested by another reviewer. It was easy and I loved it.
Delicious! Thanks, Kitten!