1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Onion Gravy
I have a family of onion-lovers so I always double the recipe, this gravy has tons of flavor, if you love onions then then you will love this! If you want a dark richer gravy then omit the water and use 1 cup consomme. This is delicious served with a pork roast and mashed taters or over fries, do not add in any extra salt until end of cooking :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet heat the butter over medium heat, add in sliced onions with sugar; saute for about 20-22 minutes or until the onions are softened and lightly browned.
- 2Add in the flour and cook/whisk stirring for about 1 minute.
- 3Add/stir in water, beef broth, consomme Worcestershire sauce and black pepper; simmer stirring and scraping up the browned bits, until the gravy is slightly thickened (about 8-10 minutes).
- 4Season with more black pepper and add in salt if desired.
- 5Adjust the Worcestershire sauce to taste.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Onion Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.8
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 679.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g