This recipe goes back over 20 years, it so rich and creamy and one of the best rice puddings!
Make and share this Kittencal's Old Fashioned Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- In a large heavy-bottom saucepan, cook rice according to package.
- Drain any additional liquid; add the sugar, pinch of salt, half and half, evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Mix, and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the water and cornstarch together until smooth; add to the rice mixture; simmer for 20 minutes longer.
- Let cool, add the raisins.