1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Moist Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Cooking time is only approximate for a 6-pound bone-in turkey breast, for a larger breast cooking time will need to be adjusted, whatever the size of turkey breast roast until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F, for perfect doneness a meat thermometer (instant or regular) should be used --- for the very best flavor a turkey breast with the skin left on is an absolute must and the bone left in would be another plus --- don't forget to save the pan juices to make your favorite gravy or see my Kittencal's Easy No-Fail Make Anytime Turkey Gravy --- a 6-pound turkey breast should feed 4-6 people if you are serving more I suggest to make two or even three depending on how many people you are feeding, you may make all the breasts in the same roasting pan --- NOTE for the best flavor and tenderness it is strongly advised to use a fresh only turkey breast not previously frozen then thawed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chicken broth (more if needed while roasting)
- 1 (6 lb) fresh turkey breast (with skin left on and if possible bone in )
- 3 tablespoons butter (very soft but not melted)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 large celery rib, cut into thirds
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into chunks (about 1-1/2 to 2 inches)
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered (do not chop)
- 1Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Grease a roasting pan just large enough to hold the breast/s and veggies (do not use a very large roasting pan).
- 3Pour 1 cup broth into the pan.
- 4Rinse the turkey breast well under cold water then pat dry using paper towels.
- 5Mix the soft butter with the garlic powder.
- 6Using hands rub the breast all over with the soft butter including under the skin.
- 7Generously season with salt then season lightly with black pepper.
- 8Scatter the celery, carrots and onions into the pan over the broth, then place the breast skin-side up over the veggies in the pan.
- 9Cover/tent ONLY the breast with a small piece of foil.
- 10Roast covered for 30-35 minutes.
- 11Remove the foil from the top of the breast and continue to roast for another 2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast away from the bone reads 160 degrees F (NOTE if the broth evaporates in the bottom of the pan then continue to add in more as needed).
- 12Transfer to a cutting board (the breast temperature will continue to rise to 170 degrees) then tent loosley with foil.
- 13*NOTE* if you are planning on making gravy discard the vegetables or you may save them to eat, the choice is up to you, then drain the pan juices though a fine colander into a saucepan, allow to cool, skim off the fat and use the pan dripping to make your favorite gravy.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Moist Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 791.7
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 310.1 mg
- Sodium 461.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 100.8 g