1/17 Photos of Kittencal's Moist One-Bowl Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe goes back over 30 years and I still make today, it's the most delicious dependable never-fail moist cake that is so easy to make, just dump everything into one large bowl, there is no need to beat eggs first, if like a slight orange/chocolate flavor use orange juice or you may use half juice and water you could use all water if desired ---my family calls this the Oreo cake as it tastes similar to the chocolate wafer part of an Oreo cookie, I sometimes slice in half and spread a vanilla frosting in the middle --- please make certain to generously grease and flour your pan, I always use my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) for this --- this is one cake you will make over and over again and it's perfect to take to a potluck! --- for glaze see my Chocolate Glaze for Cakes (That Hardens)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup cocoa, sifted
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened orange juice (or use 3/4 cup each juice and water or 1-1/2 cups water)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups canola oil or 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Set rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Generously grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan (I use my Pan Release for this, make certain to well-grease your pan!).
- 4In an extra large mixing bowl, combine all the cake ingredients; mix on medium speed of an electric mixer for about 3 minutes or until very well combined.
- 5Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until the cake tests done (if using the streusal the cake will take slightly longer to bake).
- 6Cool in pan for about 15-20 minutes before removing.
- 7Frost or glaze if desired when completely cooled.
- 8STREUSAL; this is only optional and may be sprinkled in the middle of the batter, mix together 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts with 1/4 cup shredded coconut, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Moist One-Bowl Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.2
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 367.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g