Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A method I have been using for over 30 years, you will never boil corn in just water again once you try this, this method produces a very tender and sweet corn on the cob, I promise! --- do not add in any salt to the water as it will make the corn tough
- Fill a large stock pot half full with water (use a large enough pot to hold all the corn).
- Add in the cream, milk, sugar and butter.
- Bring to a boil, then add in the corn cobs.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and allow corn to cook for 7-8 minutes or until just tender, depending on size of corn try not to over cook the corn as it will become tough.
- Using long tongs remove and place on a plate or in a bowl, then cover with foil until ready to serve.
- Serve with butter and salt to taste.
Just okay.....taste just like it does in regular water.
I have recently quit eating sugar so I made the recipe without it last nite it was sill the best corn I ever had!!!!! Thank You!!!!
Made this for the first time last night. I made 6 ears and my son ate 4. It was excellent. I did add a bit of salt to mine after cooking but only b/c I like the sweet salty taste.