1/10 Photos of Kittencal's Milk Boiled Corn on the Cob
A method I have been using for over 30 years, you will never boil corn in just water again once you try this, this method produces a very tender and sweet corn on the cob, I promise! --- do not add in any salt to the water as it will make the corn tough
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large stock pot half full with water (use a large enough pot to hold all the corn).
- 2Add in the cream, milk, sugar and butter.
- 3Bring to a boil, then add in the corn cobs.
- 4Reduce heat to a simmer and allow corn to cook for 7-8 minutes or until just tender, depending on size of corn try not to over cook the corn as it will become tough.
- 5Using long tongs remove and place on a plate or in a bowl, then cover with foil until ready to serve.
- 6Serve with butter and salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Milk Boiled Corn on the Cob
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.2
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 92.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g