Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
For those those who want a perfect baked potato but do not want to wait for an hour! The cooking times is for one potato you will need to increase time if you are making more than one --- adjust the ingredients to taste, this is perfect for a beginner cook! :)
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and black pepper
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the skin of the potato, then dry with a paper towel.
- Prick several times using a fork.
- Place the potato on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cook on full power for 5 minutes.
- Turn over and continue to cook for about 4-5 minutes more (depending on your size of potato the cooking time will vary).
- When the potato is soft remove from the microwave and cut in half.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and mash up the inside a little with a fork.
- Top the open sides with butter and 2-3 tablespoons cheddar cheese.
- Return to microwave and cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute more to melt the cheese.
- Top with about 1 tablespoon more cheddar cheese and sour cream to taste.