1/2 Photos of Kittencal's Method for Sweet Freezer Corn Niblets
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using an electic knife or a serrated knife remove the corn kernels from the cob (I use an electric knife for this, it takes less time).
- 2Place the corn kernels in a large pot; add in water to cover the corn then add in 1 tablespoon salt (add in more water to cover the kernels if needed).
- 3Bring to a full boil, the reduce heat and boil ONLY until the kernels turn a darker yellow (about 2 minutes, this will not take long).
- 4Place in a large strainer and rinse under very cold water or plunge into a bowl of ice water.
- 5Shaking the strainer strain out as much water as possible.
- 6Mix in 1/2 cup sugar using a wooden spoon until combined with the niblets (this creates a sugar-pac and helps preserve the corn and keeps the corn crisp while freezing).
- 7Spread the sugar-coated kernels onto a large 15 x 10-inch baking sheet then freeze until completely frozen.
- 8Place in freezer bags or vacum pac.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Method for Sweet Freezer Corn Niblets
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 355.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g