1/4 Photos of Kittencal's Meatball Sandwich
This is the perfect sandwich for football weekends, to save some time you can bake the meatballs up to a day ahead --- I use my Kittencal's Marinara Pasta Sauce (Vegetarian) for this but your own favorite pasta sauce will do fine, if desired you can make 20 mini meatballs instead of larger ones :) --- also see my Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 French baguette (or use a long submarine bun)
- 1/3 cup soft butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (14 ounce) jar favorite pasta or 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons season salt
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (more if needed)
- 1For the meatballs; in a large bowl mix all ingredients together using clean hands (adding in a small amount more breadcrumbs only if needed to hold the mixture together).
- 2Shape into 15 meatballs then place on a baking sheet.
- 3Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until the meatballs are completely cooked through.
- 4Meanwhile using a serrated knife slice the baguette in half lenghwise and remove some of the bread from the inside to make a "pocket" to hold the meatballs inches.
- 5In a small bowl mix the soft butter with garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt, spread over the inside slices of both breads, then sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
- 6Place the bread inside the oven the last 4-5 minutes of the meatball baking time and bake until the bread is lightly toasted.
- 7In a medium saucepan warm the pasta sauce over medium heat.
- 8When the meatballs are cooked add them into the sauce and toss to coat.
- 9Spoon the sauce and meatballs over one slice of toasted baguette bread, then top with mozzarella cheese slices.
- 10Top with the other half of baguette slice.
- 11Cut into servings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Meatball Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1040.7
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 252.6 mg
- Sodium 921.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 53.3 g