Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
Kids of all ages enjoy this dish! ---I use my Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs you may use your own favorite meatball recipe, the meatballs must be cooked firstly, if your meatballs are large just coarsely crumble the meat --- I have stated to use a 13 x 9-inch pan, if you have a similar size lasagna pan with high sides then I suggest to use it for this, the pan will be very full --- I have 12 noodles stated in this recipe, you may use more noodles if desired, I most always do :)
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked (boil a few more in case of breakage)
- 2 (28 ounce) jarsclassico pasta sauce (or use your own favorite pasta sauce)
- 35 -40 tiny cooked meatballs (about 3/4-inch round, or use as many as desired)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) containerphiladelphia chive & onion cream cheese (250 gram package)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (rubbed between fingers to release flavor)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (or a similar size pan with high sides).
- In a large bowl combine all filling ingredients until well blended (you may add in some salt to taste if desired, I use about 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt).
- Spread about 1 to 1-1/4 cups pasta sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer 4 cooked noodles lengthwise in the dish over the sauce.
- Place the tiny cooked meatballs over the sauce.
- Spoon about 3 cups pasta sauce over the meatballs, then sprinkle with about 1 cup mozzarella cheese (can use more cheese if desired).
- Arrange another 4 noodles over the top of the mozzarella cheese, then using your hands push the noodles down slightly .
- Spread the ricotta mixture over the noodles.
- Top with another 4 noodles, then remaining pasta sauce (make certain to cover the noodles completely with the sauce).
- Place the dish on a baking sheet to catch any spills (your pan will be VERY full).
- Bake covered for about 1 hour, or until hot and bubbly (the lasagna will be completely cooked when a knife inserted into the middle comes out very hot).
- Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or more) then about 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for another 5 minutes or just to melt the cheese.
- Allow to stand for 15 or more minutes before slicing.