Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
Kids of all ages enjoy this dish! ---I use my Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs you may use your own favorite meatball recipe, the meatballs must be cooked firstly, if your meatballs are large just coarsely crumble the meat --- I have stated to use a 13 x 9-inch pan, if you have a similar size lasagna pan with high sides then I suggest to use it for this, the pan will be very full --- I have 12 noodles stated in this recipe, you may use more noodles if desired, I most always do :)
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked (boil a few more in case of breakage)
- 2 (28 ounce) jarsclassico pasta sauce (or use your own favorite pasta sauce)
- 35 -40 tiny cooked meatballs (about 3/4-inch round, or use as many as desired)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) containerphiladelphia chive & onion cream cheese (250 gram package)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (rubbed between fingers to release flavor)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (or a similar size pan with high sides).
- In a large bowl combine all filling ingredients until well blended (you may add in some salt to taste if desired, I use about 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt).
- Spread about 1 to 1-1/4 cups pasta sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer 4 cooked noodles lengthwise in the dish over the sauce.
- Place the tiny cooked meatballs over the sauce.
- Spoon about 3 cups pasta sauce over the meatballs, then sprinkle with about 1 cup mozzarella cheese (can use more cheese if desired).
- Arrange another 4 noodles over the top of the mozzarella cheese, then using your hands push the noodles down slightly .
- Spread the ricotta mixture over the noodles.
- Top with another 4 noodles, then remaining pasta sauce (make certain to cover the noodles completely with the sauce).
- Place the dish on a baking sheet to catch any spills (your pan will be VERY full).
- Bake covered for about 1 hour, or until hot and bubbly (the lasagna will be completely cooked when a knife inserted into the middle comes out very hot).
- Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or more) then about 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for another 5 minutes or just to melt the cheese.
- Allow to stand for 15 or more minutes before slicing.
Very good, used frozen turkey meatballs.
the combination of ricotta cheese and chive and onion cream chesse was genius.
I also used no boil lasagna .
This really is completely gorgeous!I used my own spaghetti sauce and made Kit's meatballs (I recommend them!).I threw in a few more meatballs than stated (well,they are good!).The result is one fantastic tasting lasagne.It's gooey with cheese,with little mouthfuls of delicious,light meatballs,all wrapped up noodles and sauce.It's comfort food,and still good enough for guests. Give yourself a pat on the back Miss Kit,this is an awesome recipe.Thanks for sharing. Made for My-3-Chefs Nov 08.