1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Kids of all ages enjoy this dish! ---I use my Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs you may use your own favorite meatball recipe, the meatballs must be cooked firstly, if your meatballs are large just coarsely crumble the meat --- I have stated to use a 13 x 9-inch pan, if you have a similar size lasagna pan with high sides then I suggest to use it for this, the pan will be very full --- I have 12 noodles stated in this recipe, you may use more noodles if desired, I most always do :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked (boil a few more in case of breakage)
- 2 (28 ounce) jars classico pasta sauce (or use your own favorite pasta sauce)
- 35 -40 tiny cooked meatballs (about 3/4-inch round, or use as many as desired)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container philadelphia chive & onion cream cheese (250 gram package)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (rubbed between fingers to release flavor)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (or a similar size pan with high sides).
- 3In a large bowl combine all filling ingredients until well blended (you may add in some salt to taste if desired, I use about 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt).
- 4Spread about 1 to 1-1/4 cups pasta sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
- 5Layer 4 cooked noodles lengthwise in the dish over the sauce.
- 6Place the tiny cooked meatballs over the sauce.
- 7Spoon about 3 cups pasta sauce over the meatballs, then sprinkle with about 1 cup mozzarella cheese (can use more cheese if desired).
- 8Arrange another 4 noodles over the top of the mozzarella cheese, then using your hands push the noodles down slightly .
- 9Spread the ricotta mixture over the noodles.
- 10Top with another 4 noodles, then remaining pasta sauce (make certain to cover the noodles completely with the sauce).
- 11Place the dish on a baking sheet to catch any spills (your pan will be VERY full).
- 12Bake covered for about 1 hour, or until hot and bubbly (the lasagna will be completely cooked when a knife inserted into the middle comes out very hot).
- 13Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or more) then about 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 14Return to oven and bake uncovered for another 5 minutes or just to melt the cheese.
- 15Allow to stand for 15 or more minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Meatball Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.6
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.3 mg
- Sodium 1347.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 25.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning