Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the steak needs to be marinated for 24 hours --- THIS IS IMPORTANT allow the beef to sit out on the counter until almost room temperature this is a most critical step to relaxe the meat fibers to create the most tender steak, this might take about 3 hours so start this well in advance ---remember to carve the cooked steak at a 35-45 degree angle to insure tender meat :)
Top Review by Nif
Very nice! I liked scoring the steak - it soaked up more of the delicious marinade. I cooked mine for just over 4 minutes a side and it was nice and rare. We enjoyed this with grilled cauliflower and pasta salad. Made for Kittencal's Grilling Game. Thanks Kittencal! :)
- 907.18 g flank steaks
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (to taste, or freshly ground coarse black pepper)
- salt (to taste, I use seasoned salt if using black pepper)
- 158.51 ml vegetable oil
- 78.07 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 44.37-59.16 ml honey (can use 3-4 tablespoons real maple syrup, DO NOT substitute brown sugar)
- 44.37 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 29.58-44.37 ml coarsley chopped fresh garlic
- 2 green onions, coarsley chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine all marinade ingredients until well combined.
- Score the surface of the uncooked steak about 1/4-inch deep across the grain.
- Place the marinade into a large heavy resealable plastic bag then add in the beef.
- Seal bag and toss meat to coat with the marinade.
- Place the bag into a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours (tossing the bag a couple of times during the refrigeration time).
- Remove beef from the marinade and allow all the marinade to drip off scraping off the chopped garlic pieces and green onions from the meat.
- Place on a large plate (I use a jelly-roll pan) and allow to sit out on the counter until almost room temperature, this might take about 3 or more hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Place on grill and season with steak seasoning or fresh ground black pepper and a little salt.
- Grill the meat about 5-6 minutes per side for rare doneness (turning ONLY one time, do not overcook the meat as it will cook a little more after removing from the grill).
- Remove to a plate/s and allow to sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the meat across the grain.