1/8 Photos of Kittencal's Marinated Grilled Flank Steak
24 hrs 12 mins
Plan ahead the steak needs to be marinated for 24 hours --- THIS IS IMPORTANT allow the beef to sit out on the counter until almost room temperature this is a most critical step to relaxe the meat fibers to create the most tender steak, this might take about 3 hours so start this well in advance ---remember to carve the cooked steak at a 35-45 degree angle to insure tender meat :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g flank steaks
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (to taste, or freshly ground coarse black pepper)
- salt (to taste, I use seasoned salt if using black pepper)
- 1In a bowl combine all marinade ingredients until well combined.
- 2Score the surface of the uncooked steak about 1/4-inch deep across the grain.
- 3Place the marinade into a large heavy resealable plastic bag then add in the beef.
- 4Seal bag and toss meat to coat with the marinade.
- 5Place the bag into a large bowl.
- 6Refrigerate for 24 hours (tossing the bag a couple of times during the refrigeration time).
- 7Remove beef from the marinade and allow all the marinade to drip off scraping off the chopped garlic pieces and green onions from the meat.
- 8Place on a large plate (I use a jelly-roll pan) and allow to sit out on the counter until almost room temperature, this might take about 3 or more hours.
- 9Preheat grill to high heat.
- 10Place on grill and season with steak seasoning or fresh ground black pepper and a little salt.
- 11Grill the meat about 5-6 minutes per side for rare doneness (turning ONLY one time, do not overcook the meat as it will cook a little more after removing from the grill).
- 12Remove to a plate/s and allow to sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 13Slice the meat across the grain.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Marinated Grilled Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 780.0
- Calories from Fat 496
- Total Fat 55.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 1590.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 51.1 g