For cost reasons you may use half each maple syrup and pancake syrup, still delicious and works great, maple syrup can be expensive! Serve this over cooked rice, this is a sweet glaze so you have the option of adding in the brown sugar at the end, you may omit if desired, the amounts listed for the glaze makes a fair amount, you could reduce to half if desired, I would suggest not to as the glaze is so good and goes well on rice :)--------I have stated another way to make the chicken, please see note on bottom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup (can use half pancake syrup and maple syrup)
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Season the chicken strips or pieces with black pepper; add to the oil and cook stirring until the chicken is cooked through (do not over cook the chicken or it will be dry!) set aside.
- 3For the glaze; in a medium saucepan combine all glaze ingredients together except the brown sugar, cornstarch and water; bring to a boil mixing with a spoon over medium-high heat (if you prefer a sweeter sauce then add in 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar).
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 5In a small bowl mix together the water and cornstarch until smooth; add to the simmering glaze and stir until thickened (if you want a thicker glaze then make up another mixture of the water/cornstarch mixture and add in only half adding in the rest only if the sauce is still not thick enough).
- 6Add the cooked chicken into the glaze, and simmer for about 5 minutes over low heat.
- 7Serve over rice.
- 8**NOTE** another way to make this is to prepare the glaze as stated.
- 9Brown the whole breasts in oil in a skillet, transfer to a baking pan.
- 10Pour the sauce over the breasts then cook for about 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Maple-Glazed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.1
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 123.7 mg
- Sodium 549.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 52.0 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: