Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
No one will ever guess this is lower fat dish! A great addition is some frozen thawed peas added in at the end
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine, cooked (measured out 6 ounces dry uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- Add in cubed chicken, onion, garlic, cayenne pepper and seasoned salt; saute until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in flour until blended (about 1 minute).
- Slowly stir in fat-free half and half and Parmesan cheese; cook stirring for 2 minutes or until thickened, then season with black pepper.
- Toss the cooked fettuccine with the sauce mixture.
- Pass more Parmesan cheese at the table.
This is terrific! I added thinly sliced sun dried tomatoes along with the onions, etc. and fresh basil chiffonade at the end. Otherwise followed it exactly. Just delish! Thank you Kitten!
Great recipe. I doubled the sauce and added some basil for color. Very good. Next time I will add some sun dried tomatoes and broc. Thanks Kittencal for another fantastic recipe.
Great! My daugher loves alfredo and we're staying away from the ready made sauces for sodium reasons so this recipe fit the bill. It was easy enough for my husband to make all on his own. He added less cayenne pepper but I think it needed to be even less for the kids taste. I also like the idea of adding broccoli so may try that too. Great to find rich tasty sauces that are low fat!!!! Keep em coming.