Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
No one will ever guess this is lower fat dish! A great addition is some frozen thawed peas added in at the end
Top Review by Ants36
This is terrific! I added thinly sliced sun dried tomatoes along with the onions, etc. and fresh basil chiffonade at the end. Otherwise followed it exactly. Just delish! Thank you Kitten!
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine, cooked (measured out 6 ounces dry uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- Add in cubed chicken, onion, garlic, cayenne pepper and seasoned salt; saute until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in flour until blended (about 1 minute).
- Slowly stir in fat-free half and half and Parmesan cheese; cook stirring for 2 minutes or until thickened, then season with black pepper.
- Toss the cooked fettuccine with the sauce mixture.
- Pass more Parmesan cheese at the table.