1/10 Photos of Kittencal's Low-Fat Oven-Baked Zucchini Sticks
A recipe that goes back years and a great way to use up all that zucchini left over from summers crop, you may adjust all seasonings to taste --- if you are a garlic lover then you may increase to 1 teaspoon, I also add in a pinch of cayenne pepper for a little heat --- use only dry breadcrumbs for this --- if your seasoned breadcrumbs already have salt added then omit the 1/4 teaspoon salt --- as one reviewer mentioned that she dipped the sticks into Ranch dressing so you might want to give that a try using a low fat dressing or dip :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (panko even better to use)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (can use 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, can use regular salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 large egg (might use two)
- 3 medium zucchini (unpeeled then cut into about 3 x 1/2-inch sticks or as desired)
- 1In a bowl combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix well.
- 2In another bowl, beat egg/s lightly.
- 3Dip zucchini sticks into eggs, then into breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Transfer to a greased baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick spray.
- 5Bake at 425 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned (you may turn the sticks over once halfway through baking time if desired).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Low-Fat Oven-Baked Zucchini Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (726 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 25.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: