Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
No one will ever guess this is low fat! nutritional fact listed for a 13 x 9-inch pan (12 servings)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package cake mix (for chocolate use a chocolate cake mix, for white use a white cake)
- 1 (2 1/8 ounce) package sugar-free instant pudding mix (chocolate for a chocolate cake and vanilla for white cake)
- 1 3⁄4 cups diet soda (use 7-Up or Sprite for white cake and for chocolate cake use diet cola)
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Spray pan with cooking spray (13 x 9-inch baking pan or for a sheet cake use a 10 x 15-inch sheet pan).
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, diet 7-Up or diet cola or water and egg whites; beat on low speed for 1 minute; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes for 13 x 9, and 12-18 minutes for sheet cake or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Very tasty and good! I made it for a Christmas party and it was gone in the first hour! Will make again!