1/7 Photos of Kittencal's Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
A pie so good it is worthy of selling in a bakery! prep time includes the refrigeration time --- see my Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 baked pie pastry (to fit in a 9-inch pie plate)
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 88.74 ml cornstarch
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml water
- 0.13-0.19 ml yellow food coloring (optional)
- 9.85 ml grated lemons, rind of
- 158.51 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml butter
- 340.19 g cream cheese, softened
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar (confectioners)
- 177.44 ml heavy cream, whipped (measure 3/4 cup already whipped)
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and pinch of salt.
- 2Stir in water, lemon juice, lemon rind and yellow food colouring (if using) bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook, and stir for 2 minutes, or until smooth and thickened.
- 3Remove from heat; stir in butter; cool to room temperature for about 1 hour.
- 4Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and the powdered sugar until smooth.
- 5Fold in the whipped cream and the 1 Tbsp lemon juice.
- 6Remove 1/2 cup of the whipped cream/lemon mixture for the garnish.
- 7Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture into the baked pastry shell.
- 8Top with the cooled lemon filling.
- 9Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
- 10When ready to serve, scoop the reserved 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture into a pastry bag with a star tip.
- 11Pipe stars onto the pie, or garnish with the reserved cream cheese mixture or as desired.
- 12Refrigerate until ready to serve-- delicious!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 771.3
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 113.4 mg
- Sodium 412.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 67.2 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: