Serve this restaurant quality dish with al dente angel hair pasta on the side -- as written this is quite lemony you may want to have a little more chicken broth and cream handy to tone it down or you may like it just the way it is! --- you can also add in some capers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to about half thickness
- seasoned salt & freshly ground black pepper (can use white salt)
- garlic powder
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional but good to add in)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (more if needed)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 whole lemons, juice of
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (35%)
- chopped fresh parsley
- angel hair pasta (cooked only to al dente, 1 pound dry should be enough but you may use as much as desired)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (use the real cheese!)
- 1Place 1/3 cup of flour in a shallow bowl then combine with cayenne pepper.
- 2Season the chicken breasts on both sides with seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder, then dredge lightly in flour mixture; place on a plate.
- 3Heat butter and oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add in 2 chicken breasts; cook about 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked through (cooking time will depend on how thin you pounded the chicken) remove to a plate cover loosely with foil to keep warm or place in a 200 degree F oven to keep warm.
- 5Cook the remaining 2 breasts (adding in a little more oil if needed to prevent over browning (at this point you may need to decrease the heat slightly).
- 6When the chicken is finished browning have your heat at medium-low then add in the wine, chicken broth and the juice of 2 whole lemons; bring to a light simmer whisking continuously and scraping the bottom of the pan (allow the cream sauce to bubble and thicken until it is reduce by about half seasoning with a little salt and pepper to taste).
- 7When the sauce is reduced pour in the cream whisking over low heat (taste the sauce, if the lemon flavor is too strong add in a little more broth and cream or you may like it just the way it is).
- 8Place each breast on a plate then mound some pasta on the side.
- 9Spoon the sauce over the chicken and pasta.
- 10Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and some fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Lemon Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.2
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 159.5 mg
- Sodium 247.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 28.1 g