1/5 Photos of Kittencal's Jumbo Bakery Shop Blueberry Sour Cream Scones
This is like the scones that are sold at a bakery mabey even better! --- chocolate chips, raisins or dried fruit may be used in place of the fresh blueberries. If desired drizzle the top of each warm scone with Kittencal's Easy Creamy White Glaze ---- this recipe was tested and developed using full-fat sour cream and butter, I cannot promise the same results using low-fat or no-fat sour cream or using shortening in place of butter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (or use 1 teaspoon vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (measured 4 cups exactly)
- 1 cup sugar (can use a few tablespoons more)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (or use 2 semi-heaping teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup very cold butter (cut into small cubes)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- vanilla glaze (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- 3In a small bowl blend the sour cream with the egg, vanilla and baking soda; set aside while making the rest of the recipe.
- 4In a large bowl mix together the flour with sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, salt and cinnamon (if using).
- 5Using a pastry blender cut in cold butter cubes.
- 6Add in the sour cream mixture; mix JUST until moistened.
- 7Gently mix in the fresh blueberries.
- 8Roll or pat the dough into about a 1 to 1-1/2-inch thick round.
- 9Cut dough into 12 even wedges.
- 10Place the wedges onto the prepeared baking sheet about 2-inches apart.
- 11Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the the bottoms are browned.
- 12Drizzle the top of each warm scone with glaze if desired or when the scones are cooled dust lightly with confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Jumbo Bakery Shop Blueberry Sour Cream Scones
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.4
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.1 mg
- Sodium 531.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 5.4 g