Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Since the dry onion soup mix already has plenty of salt there is no need to add in any extra, you can lightly season the patties with seasoned while cooking if desired --- plan ahead the patties need to be refrigerated for a minimum of 8 hours or up to 24 hours to blend flavors --- see my Kittencal's Seasoned Dry Italian Breadcrumbs --- for cheese-lover's add in 1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese also if desired :)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs (seasoned is good to use)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or Tabasco, optional or to taste)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (can use more)
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- 8 tablespoons butter (use firm butter, do not soften)
- seasoning salt (to taste and added on while grilling) (optional)
- In a bowl whisk the egg with milk until combined.
- Add in dry breadcrumbs, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper; mix to combine, then allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the cayenne pepper or Tabasco, ground beef, fresh garlic and dry onion soup mix; using clean hands mix lightly to combine.
- Shape into 8 balls.
- Make an indentation in each ball then press 1 tablespoon butter deep into the indentation into the middle of the ball (can use a little more butter if desired).
- Seal the ground beef completely over the butter patty.
- Flatten into 8 patties then make a slight indentation with your finger in the middle of the patty, this will prevent you burgers from puffing up like meatballs when cooking.
- Place on a plate; cover and seal with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 8-24 hours.
- Remove the patties from refrigerator at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the patties on the grill then season lightly with seasoned salt.
- Close lid and cook turning patties once until cooked through.
I can't believe that I forgot to rate these!! I use this recipe at least once or twice per month- it just makes THE juiciest burgers I've ever had! Even when I don't add in all the other ingredients, I still add in the onion soup mix because it adds such great flavor. Great idea Kitten and thanks for a great burger recipe!
I am pretty sure that I have made one of Kitten's hamburger recipes before and I believe I said it was my favorite hamburger recipe. I change my mind! THIS is my new FAVORITE! SOOOOO juicy and so yummy. I let them sit for 12 hours, so the flavors really developed. I left out the butter since I had none, but I am sure that would have made them even juicier. My 6 year old was complaining because his bun was soggy..THAT is how juicy they are! Superb burger Kitten!