These are fantastic when made on the outdoor grill! ---plan ahead the ground beef mixture *must* refrigerated 8-24 hours before shaping into patties -- for extra moistness add in 2-3 tablespoons grated *raw* potatoes --- I use my Kittencal's Seasoned Dry Italian Breadcrumbs for these burgers but any Italian seasoned is fine to use --- cooking time is only estimated.
- 2 lbs ground beef (or use 1-1/2 pounds beef and 1/2 pound ground pork)
- 1⁄3 cup bottled teriyaki sauce
- 1 onion, chopped (or use 2 green onions, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (can use 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (more if needed)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup ice water (water that has been left in ice for minimum of 5 minutes)
- 6 toasted buttered hamburger buns
- 6 sliced mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl combine together ground beef with 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce, chopped onions, fresh garlic, seasoned salt, black pepper, seasoned bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; using clean hands mix until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- Just before shaping into patties mix in the ice water if you ice cubes are very small then add them in also (if the mixture seems too moist to shape then add in a little more seasoned breadcrumbs).
- Shape into 6 patties then place on a pan.
- Using middle finger make an indent in the middle of of each burger, this will allow the burger to remain flat and not puff up while cooking.
- Grill or oven-broil until cooked through.
- Place in toasted buns top with sliced mozzarella cheese and other desired toppings.