Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
You may omit the jalapeno if desired and you may use whatever else you want to flavor your burgers with just do NOT omit the cream cheese in the middle and add in the onion soup mix and garlic to the hamburger mixture --when I make these I use 2 scant tablespoons of cream cheese for each burger, you may want to reduce to 1 tablespoon if desired --- these may be fully prepared covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated until ready to grill --- these burgers are very good!
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 16 tablespoons cream cheese, softened (one 8-ounce package cream cheese)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Set grill to medium heat.
- Oil the grill grates.
- In a bowl stir together the softened cream cheese with jalapeno pepper; mix until combined.
- In a bowl combine the ground beef with onion soup mix and garlic, then add whatever other seasonings you desire, egg, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, etc (do not add in any extra salt to the ground beef mixture as the dry onion soup mixture already has enough salt).
- Divide into 16 equal portions.
- Pat out each portion to about 1/3-inch thickness (can make a little larger if desired).
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese into the center of 8 patty (do not spread out the mixture).
- Top with remaining patties, pressing down the edges to seal the meat together.
- Grill for about 10 minutes per side or until well done (do NOT press down on the burgers while cooking or this will make the cheese come out).
- Serve on buns with favorite toppings.
My husband said "they were restaurant quality burgers". I loved them too. I added egg, breadcrumbs and bacon to the ground beef. I used just a little over a tablespoon of the creamcheese mixture. Next time I will add more. I made this with Kittencals dill potatos and had Kittencals Apple Crunch for dessert.
topped with caramelized onions, bacon and mayo.. SO good. Next time need to use the whole jalapeno, wasn't spicy at all.
It didn't take me long to make these up, and they were so delicious on the grill. I have shared this with lots of my friends and they send rave reviews too!