1/5 Photos of Kittencal's Italian Zucchini-Mozzarella Patties
1 hr 4 mins
You might find yourself purchasing zucchini in your grocery store all year around just to make these, they are *that* good! --- you will be lucky if these even make it to the table lol! you may also add in some canned corn niblets or some cooked rice, although garlic powder may be used I strongly suggest to use fresh minced garlic, this recipe is very forgiving so don't worry about the the exact measurments--- these are delicious served with sour cream :) also take a look at my Kittencal's Onion Patties/Latkes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups coarsely grated zucchini, packed (one thin zucchini about 10-inches in length)
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (or use green onions)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste, or use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/3-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (can use cheddar cheese)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper (or to taste)
- olive oil (for frying, or use vegetable or Canola oil)
- 1Hand squeeze out as much of the moisture in the zucchini as possible (this is important!).
- 2Place the zucchini in a large bowl.
- 3Add in all remaining ingredients except oil.
- 4Mix well to combine and adjust seasoning salt and black pepper to taste.
- 5Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Drop the zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoons into hot oil and fry on both sides until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Italian Zucchini-Mozzarella Patties
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.1
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 349.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: