Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Use the thick-cut pork chops for this not fast-fry and only dry breadcrumbs for this or they will not hold on to the chops and plan ahead the chops need to sit a room temperature for about 45 minutes before coating --- if desired for a lower fat option you may skip the skillet browning and just bake in the oven
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml milk
- 354.88 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml freshly gated parmesan cheese
- 7.39 ml garlic powder
- 2.46-4.92 ml salt (I use seasoned salt)
- 2.46 ml black pepper (can use more)
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 2.46 ml dried Italian seasoning (rubbed between fingers to release the flavor)
- 29.58 ml oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 7 thick-cut pork chops
- seasoning salt
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or a medium jelly-roll baking sheet (or use a baking dish large enough to hold the chops in).
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs with milk.
- In a shallow dish mix together the dry breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne, parsley and Italian seasoning.
- Let the chops sit at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip the chops into the egg/milk mixture (allowing any excess to drip off of the chops).
- Coat in the breadcrumb mixture completely.
- Brown the chops in the skillet on both sides (about 4-5 minutes per side) sprinkling both sides with seasoned salt when browning (you may omit this step if desired and just bake in the oven).
- Place in prepared baking dish.
- Bake the chops for about 25 minutes or until cooked (the cooking time will vary depending on how thick your chops are).
Moist, delicious and so easy to make. Using a boneless porkloin that I cut into 1/2 inch thick slices I skipped the panfrying and put these straight in the oven. Took about 45 minutes to bake. I didn't have any italian seasoning and so I subbed oregano. I did use italian breadcrumbs and so I believe I got most of the taste effect the recipe calls for. I also did use the optional cayenne pepper which gave these just a small amount of nip. Made for KK's Chef's pick.
My husband gave it a thumbs-up. That's a 5-star at my house. I skipped the skillet and went straight to the oven for 35-40 min. Thanks Kittencal!
Delicious!! We loved these moist, flavorful chops. The Parmesan cheese/ garlic breading was wonderful, and the little kick from the cayenne pepper was a nice surprise. I used Italian seasoned panko crumbs, and dredged the chops in some flour before dipping into the egg mixture. Even though I used Italian seasoned crumbs, I still used the spices as written for added flavor. My family devoured these and gave them 2-thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. *Made for 2009 Adopt A Tag*