Prep1 hr 5 mins
Use the thick-cut pork chops for this not fast-fry and only dry breadcrumbs for this or they will not hold on to the chops and plan ahead the chops need to sit a room temperature for about 45 minutes before coating --- if desired for a lower fat option you may skip the skillet browning and just bake in the oven
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup freshly gated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt (I use seasoned salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (can use more)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (rubbed between fingers to release the flavor)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 thick-cut pork chops
- seasoning salt
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or a medium jelly-roll baking sheet (or use a baking dish large enough to hold the chops in).
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs with milk.
- In a shallow dish mix together the dry breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne, parsley and Italian seasoning.
- Let the chops sit at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip the chops into the egg/milk mixture (allowing any excess to drip off of the chops).
- Coat in the breadcrumb mixture completely.
- Brown the chops in the skillet on both sides (about 4-5 minutes per side) sprinkling both sides with seasoned salt when browning (you may omit this step if desired and just bake in the oven).
- Place in prepared baking dish.
- Bake the chops for about 25 minutes or until cooked (the cooking time will vary depending on how thick your chops are).