This is the recipe I use for homemade vanilla it's easy to make and somewhat cheaper than the store bought --- plan ahead this needs to steep at least 2 months or even longer for a more stronger taste even 6 months would be better --- use as you would any commercial vanilla, the more vanilla beans that you use and the longer you let it sit for, the stronger the vanilla will be.
My Private Note
- 1Cut the vanilla beans in half lengthwise.
- 2Divide among two narrow bottles that hold about 1 cup each.
- 3Vanilla beans may be cut crosswise, if necessary to fit.
- 4Add the vodka to cover (1 cup in each bottle).
- 5Let sit for at least 2 months before using (the longer the better even 6 months would be the best).
- 6***NOTE*** You can use as many vanilla beans as you wish, they are quite expensive, so I use up to 6 and just let sit for a longer period of time for a more stronger vanilla taste, but you may certainly add in 20 if you wish, but the cost is expensive.
- 7Remember, the longer the sitting time, the stronger the vanilla!
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Homemade Vanilla
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: