Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A long time family favorite! --- you can substitute the broccoli florets for one 6-ounce package frozen pea pods if desired --- make certain the the cooked ground beef is very well browned and well drained, also make certain to use only *cold* cooked rice, cooking time does not include cooking the rice --- you will love this! :)
Top Review by partysweets
I read that some others had found this to be bland so I upped the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil, and added an onion and some celery and still found it bland. So I added 1/3 Cup hoisin sauce and it was awesome. I will be making this again and again.
- 1 lb ground beef (or use half ground beef and ground pork)
- 5 -6 large garlic cloves, chopped (not minced the more garlic, the better!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder or 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons oil (not olive oil)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into about 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups small broccoli florets
- 3 cups cold cooked white rice
- 3 -4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or a large skillet brown the ground beef with garlic and ginger over medium heat (about 10 minutes) breaking up into small pieces; drain the fat, then transfer to a bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the same skillet over medium-high eat until hot.
- Add in bell pepper and pea pods; cook for 3 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cold cooked rice, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Return the cooked ground beef back to the skillet; toss to combine and heat though, then stir in the chopped green onions.
- Season with salt and pepper and more soy sauce if desired.