1/2 Photos of Kittencal's Ground Beef Fried Rice
A long time family favorite! --- you can substitute the broccoli florets for one 6-ounce package frozen pea pods if desired --- make certain the the cooked ground beef is very well browned and well drained, also make certain to use only *cold* cooked rice, cooking time does not include cooking the rice --- you will love this! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef (or use half ground beef and ground pork)
- 5 -6 large garlic cloves, chopped (not minced the more garlic, the better!)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder or 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons oil (not olive oil)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into about 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 3 cups cold cooked white rice
- 3 -4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1In a wok or a large skillet brown the ground beef with garlic and ginger over medium heat (about 10 minutes) breaking up into small pieces; drain the fat, then transfer to a bowl.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the same skillet over medium-high eat until hot.
- 3Add in bell pepper and pea pods; cook for 3 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in the cold cooked rice, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- 5Return the cooked ground beef back to the skillet; toss to combine and heat though, then stir in the chopped green onions.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and more soy sauce if desired.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Ground Beef Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.8
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 840.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 27.4 g