Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is an easy yet tasty recipe for zucchini, I make it often especially when I have my summer's crop ready, I find that a good quality Italian dressing will really make the difference, you can slice the zucchini in slices lengthwise also if desired, pick a large thick zucchini for this --- servings is only estimated.
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
YUUMMMYY!! I marinated my zucchini for about an hour, which I think enhanced the flavor. This turned out delicious! I didn't add any salt since the Italian dressing had enough (made my own) and didn't add any oil as well, since the dressing had plenty of that also. SO GOOD!!
- 1 large zucchini (washed, scrubbed and left unpeeled)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing (can use a little more)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- kosher salt (to taste) or table salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the zucchini into 1/2 to 3/4-inch slices (or as desired).
- In a large bowl whisk together the salad dressing with olive oil and minced garlic.
- Place the zucchini slices in the bowl and toss to coat.
- Place on a plate, then sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place onto a hot grill.
- Grill for about 4-5 minutes or until nice grill marks appear and the slices are slightly limp.
- Remove to a plate then sprinkle lightly with kosher or table salt.