Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is an easy yet tasty recipe for zucchini, I make it often especially when I have my summer's crop ready, I find that a good quality Italian dressing will really make the difference, you can slice the zucchini in slices lengthwise also if desired, pick a large thick zucchini for this --- servings is only estimated.
- 1 large zucchini (washed, scrubbed and left unpeeled)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing (can use a little more)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- kosher salt (to taste) or table salt (to taste)
- Slice the zucchini into 1/2 to 3/4-inch slices (or as desired).
- In a large bowl whisk together the salad dressing with olive oil and minced garlic.
- Place the zucchini slices in the bowl and toss to coat.
- Place on a plate, then sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place onto a hot grill.
- Grill for about 4-5 minutes or until nice grill marks appear and the slices are slightly limp.
- Remove to a plate then sprinkle lightly with kosher or table salt.
YUUMMMYY!! I marinated my zucchini for about an hour, which I think enhanced the flavor. This turned out delicious! I didn't add any salt since the Italian dressing had enough (made my own) and didn't add any oil as well, since the dressing had plenty of that also. SO GOOD!!
Loved it. I marinated mine for good few hours and it was awesome. I especially like the addition of fresh garlic. After trying several recipes for grilled zucchini, this one was definitely my favorite. Thank you.
Fantastic Kittencal (as usual). I sliced lengthwise, harder to cut but time saving on the grill. Mine marinated a little too long due to gas grill problems (first use this year). Ended up having to dab some of the oil off finished product but oh so good. Warm or cold!