The amounts listed are only a guideline you may adjust to taste and make as many sandwiches as desired :)
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on each slice of bread.
- Place 1 slice of cheese over the side of the bread with the mayonnaise, then 3 slices of tomato.
- Top with remaining bread slice (mayonnaise side facing in).
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread with about 2 teaspoon butter per slice (or to taste).
- Heat about 1 tablespoon or more of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Using a spatula place the sandwich into the skillet.
- When the cheese has started to melt carefully flip the sandwich over and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown and the cheese has melted (adding in a little more butter to the skillet if needed).
was very good i also added a few slices of avacado
Thanks Kittencal for posting. We made this for a quick , cozy lunch and it was delicious. Everyone wanted more than one sandwich. Instead of American we used cheddar and instead of putting the butter on both sides of the bread we put mayo on both sides (just family personal taste preference) reserving the butter for just the pan. Thinly sliced tomatoes are great and on some sandwiches we added some ham. Another winner! Enjoy! ChefDLH
Here's another I eat at least twice a week for breakfast. Delish! I add pickled jalapenos too.