1/5 Photos of Kittencal's Greek Spinach and Feta Puff Pastry Triangles
1 hr 20 mins
I have been making these for years for my get togethers and I sometimes make these using phyllo dough but puff pastry is really just as good and more convenient --- I sometimes add in roasted garlic into the spinach mixture and also a pinch of cayenne pepper for a bit of heat --- these are so good and make wonderful appetizers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 frozen puff pastry sheets (from a 17-ounce package)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4-1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped spinach, thawed and well drained (squeeze out any excess moisture with hands)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional and to taste)
- 1Thaw the puff pastry at room temperature for 40 minutes.
- 2Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- 4In a small cup or bowl whisk together 1 egg with water; set aside.
- 5In another bowl mix together 2 eggs, feta cheese, spinach, onion, parsley and black pepper.
- 6Unfold the pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface.
- 7Roll each sheet into a 12-inch square.
- 8Cut each into 16 (3-inch) squares (I use a pizza cutter for this!).
- 9Place about 1 tablespoon spinach/cheese mixture in the middle of each square.
- 10Brush the edges with egg mixture.
- 11Fold squares over the filling to form triangles.
- 12Crimp edges to seal.
- 13Place on a baking sheet, and brush tops with remaining egg mixture.
- 14Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- 15Best served warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Greek Spinach and Feta Puff Pastry Triangles
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 91.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g