Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are a huge favorite with my family, there a wonderful change from regular beef meatballs, plan ahead the mixture needs to chill for 24 hours before shaping into balls :)
Top Review by Lise S.
These were very good and liked by those who ate. I let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for 48 hours. They held together while the cheese and lamb fat melted. They were a bit salty for my taste so I wouldn't add the salt. The cheese and olives lend enough on their own. I served with corkscrew pasta in a olive oil, butter, garlic and cilantro sauce. A wine from Southern Italy such as Aglianico del Ventura goes well!
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon white salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup fresh minced parsley (can use a little more)
- 1 pinch dried oregano (rubbed between fingers to release the flavors)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together, all ingredients including the 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours or up to 48 hours.
- Shape into 16 meatballs, and place on a baking sheet.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about for 20-25 minutes or until meat is cooked.