Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
yes baking powder you read correctly... this is the secret to the must fluffiest eggs! you may adjust all amounts to taste, since the feta cheese is highly salted I have left the salt as optional, if you really wanted to take this omelette to another level add in some fresh sauteed mushrooms slices :) --- also see my Kittencal's Fluffiest Scrambled Eggs
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
As I currently have access to a direct supply of wonderful free-range eggs direct from a farm, I've been making omelets pretty regularly, and this one with its classic Greek ingredients suited our taste preferences beautifully. :) I used Greek yoghurt instead of the whipping cream and added rosemary and sage to the oregano. As for the olives, I never buy any but kalamata olives: love them. I've used baking powder in omelets before and for me it's now a standard ingredient. To anyone checking out this recipe and considering making it, it's fabulous... and don't leave out the baking powder. Thanks KITTENCAL for another super-fabulous recipe! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (or use half-and-half or 2 tablespoons cold water)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano (or use 2-3 teaspoons chopped fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch salt (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl whisk eggs with whipping cream, baking powder, oregano and black pepper until well combined; allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat until sizzling.
- Whisk/stir the egg mixture one more time then pour into hot skillet; cook without stirring for 3 minutes or until almost set, gently lifting the edge of the eggs with a spatula to allow any uncooked egg to flow underneath.
- On one side of the ometette sprinkle the feta cheese and olives.
- Lift the uncovered half over the cheese and olives and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Slide onto a plate.