1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Greek Couscous
This goes back years and has remained a family favorite --- you may adjust the amounts to suit your taste and the recipe may be doubled :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (I use a garlic flavored broth for this) or 1 1/2 cups water (I use a garlic flavored broth for this)
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup small ripe olives, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, well drained (garbonzo beans)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1Bring the 1-1/2 cups chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in the couscous and oregano, remove from heat; cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Fluff with a fork.
- 3Combine the couscous with tomatoes and the next 5 ingredients (tomatoes through chickpeas) in a bowl; set aside.
- 4Combine 1/4 cup water with the remaining ingredients; stir well with a whisk.
- 5Pour over the couscous mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- 6Season with black pepper and salt.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Greek Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.0
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 938.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 16.1 g