Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This make a wonderful marinade for chicken, plan ahead the chicken needs to marinade for 6 hours, no more than the stated time or the vinegar will start to "cook" the chicken --- use only honey or pure maple syrup this is what contributes to tenderizing the chicken, sugar will not have the same effect.
- 236.59 ml olive oil (or use 1/2 cup each vegetable oil and oilive oil)
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml water
- 29.58 ml fresh minced garlic (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 4.92-9.85 ml Dijon mustard (or 1 teaspoon mustard powder)
- 7.39 ml seasoning salt
- 7.39 ml lemon pepper (or use 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper)
- 4.92-9.85 ml honey (do not substitute sugar for the honey!) or 4.92-9.85 ml pure maple syrup (do not substitute sugar for the honey!)
- In a medium bowl whisk all ingredients until well blended.
- Pour over chicken and refrigerate for 6 hours (no more than 6 hours).
I used this to marinate 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts. It was very good! Next time I'll try the maple syrup and half the recipe.
Excellent! I used honey, garlic powder, regular salt, a little extra cracked black pepper - all else as written. Marinated exactly 6 hours. Very tasty. I was surprised at the layers of flavor - the subtle honey is almost an aftertaste with each bite. Delish, and should appeal to a wide variety of people's tastes - you could serve a big party with this. Next time I'll probably kick up the lemon pepper and garlic (personal preference), but there will indeed be a next time!!!! Thanks!
very easy with common ingredients and really good