1/3 Photos of Kittencal's German Apple Puff Pancake
This is a recipe I developed years ago, a small amount of baking powder is what makes this recipe special! it's a family favorite and takes very little time to throw together, I sometimes just bake the complete recipe in a 10-inch round cake pan, but two smaller pans will do fine also, you will *love* this!:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided (one more tablespoon butter won't hurt)
- 4 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk (or use half and half cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional or to taste)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar (can use 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Spray two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray.
- 3Place 2 Tbsp butter in each of the pans.
- 4Place the pans in the oven and bake until the butter has melted; remove from oven.
- 5In a bowl, beat the flour, 1/4 teaspoons baking powder, sugar (if using) salt, milk and eggs until smooth, then allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- 6Arrange the apple slices into the two pans onto the melted butter.
- 7Re-whisk the flour/egg mixture again then divide the batter evenly between pans, over the apple slices.
- 8Mix the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the batter in each pan.
- 9Bake until puffed, and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's German Apple Puff Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.2
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 222.9 mg
- Sodium 511.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 43.2 g
- Protein 10.9 g