Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I most always make this with my spaghetti sauce, but it is great to serve with really any meal. They can be partially baked ahead of time and then just heated in the oven before your meal. You will be lucky if these even make it to the table LOL! I always make two loaves of bread. You can use fresh minced parsley also for this.
- 1 loaf French bread (the long narrow kind)
- 3⁄4 cup butter (no subs please!)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or more if needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the French bread into about 1 x 1 x 1/2 inch slices (I cut them diagonally).
- Microwave the butter and garlic powder and salt until melted.
- Set oven to 350° (use a convection oven bake if you have it).
- Lightly butter the bottom of a large cookie/baking sheet with butter-garlic mixture.
- Add in the parsley to the melted butter and mix well.
- Using a pastry brush, coat each side of the bread slices with the melted butter mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle one side (can sprinkle both sides if desired) with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 5-6 minutes (if using a convection bake there is no need to turn over).
- Turn over the slices and bake about 4-5 minutes more, depending on how crispy you like them.
- Best served warm.