Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is simple but big on flavor, plan ahead the dip must be refrigerated for at at 5 hours or overnight before serving don't even think about serving it right away, the flavors with intensify with refrigeration time, I suggest after a few hours of chilling time to taste the dip if you like more garlic flavor then add more in, also adjust the Tabasco to suit heat level --- cooking time is chilling time -- remember to remove from fridge about 30 minutes or more before serving to soften dip :)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese (very soft)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 (1 1/3 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- In a bowl combine the sour cream with soft cream cheese until very well combined (this might take a few minutes in order to remove all the lumps).
- Add in Worcestershire sauce, garlic, dry onion soup and shredded cheddar cheese; mix until well combined.
- Add in Tabasco to taste.
- Cover and chill for a minumum of 5 or 24 hours.
- Remove from the fridge about 30 minutes to soften the dip.
Another winner from Kit! I used Crystal hot sauce- about 1/4 tsp. BF loved it!
I made this for an office potluck and everyone loved it. It was so very good. Thanks for posting it!
I made this for a small Super Bowl party, and had LOTS left over just because the recipe makes a lot of dip. Everyone liked it; this dip is very tastey. The shredded cheese gives it texture but thick chips such as Ruffles break when dipping because of the thickness of the dip. I did not use the tabasco sauce as the dip was yummy without it. Thanks for the great recipe!