Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You will never purchase store bought croutons again after making these! make a double batch and store in the fridge or freeze them, use in salads or soups, for easier slicing make certain to use stale bread, or place your bread in the fridge overnight, for extreme garlic flavor use fresh finely minced garlic and increase to 2 tablespoons, to infuse the flavor into the butter allow the melted butter/garlic mixture to sit for 30 minutes or more at room temperature before brushing on the bread
- 12 -15 slices bread (crusts removed, use slightly stale bread)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (can use more butter)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste, or use 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt)
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley (optional or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325°F.
- Lighly grease a large baking sheet.
- Place the butter, garlic powder or fresh minced garlic and salt or seasoned salt in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted.
- Mix in the dried parsley (if using).
- If you are using fresh garlic allow the melted butter mixture to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to infuse the garlic flavor into the butter.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices liberally with the melted butter mixture using a pastry brush.
- Using a serrated knife slice into small cubes or desired sizes.
- Place the bread cubes onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until desired crispness (watch closely these brown quickly!).
- Let cool and store in a covered container in the fridge or freeze.