1/3 Photos of Kittencal's Garlic Croutons
You will never purchase store bought croutons again after making these! make a double batch and store in the fridge or freeze them, use in salads or soups, for easier slicing make certain to use stale bread, or place your bread in the fridge overnight, for extreme garlic flavor use fresh finely minced garlic and increase to 2 tablespoons, to infuse the flavor into the butter allow the melted butter/garlic mixture to sit for 30 minutes or more at room temperature before brushing on the bread
My Private Note
bread s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 325°F.
- 2Lighly grease a large baking sheet.
- 3Place the butter, garlic powder or fresh minced garlic and salt or seasoned salt in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted.
- 4Mix in the dried parsley (if using).
- 5If you are using fresh garlic allow the melted butter mixture to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to infuse the garlic flavor into the butter.
- 6Brush both sides of the bread slices liberally with the melted butter mixture using a pastry brush.
- 7Using a serrated knife slice into small cubes or desired sizes.
- 8Place the bread cubes onto the baking sheet.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes, or until desired crispness (watch closely these brown quickly!).
- 10Let cool and store in a covered container in the fridge or freeze.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Garlic Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 195.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g