Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
You will never purchase store bought croutons again after making these! make a double batch and store in the fridge or freeze them, use in salads or soups, for easier slicing make certain to use stale bread, or place your bread in the fridge overnight, for extreme garlic flavor use fresh finely minced garlic and increase to 2 tablespoons, to infuse the flavor into the butter allow the melted butter/garlic mixture to sit for 30 minutes or more at room temperature before brushing on the bread
- Set oven to 325°F.
- Lighly grease a large baking sheet.
- Place the butter, garlic powder or fresh minced garlic and salt or seasoned salt in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted.
- Mix in the dried parsley (if using).
- If you are using fresh garlic allow the melted butter mixture to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to infuse the garlic flavor into the butter.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices liberally with the melted butter mixture using a pastry brush.
- Using a serrated knife slice into small cubes or desired sizes.
- Place the bread cubes onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until desired crispness (watch closely these brown quickly!).
- Let cool and store in a covered container in the fridge or freeze.
Kittencal is the best! Thank you for a great recipe! Easy and sooooo good!
OMG these are amazing and so easy to do!!!! I made these for my French Onion Soup tonight. Will be making these again and again. Thanks
Made these with Kittencal's Caesar salad, Julia Child's Steak au Poivre and baked potatoes. <br/>Unbelievably easy to make and so yummy!<br/>Update:<br/>I have been using this recipe to make homemade garlic bread to accompany lasagne or pasta by brushing the butter mixture onto bread and baking as instructed. So much better than the frozen, store-bought variety. To gild the lily add mozzarella, parmesan, &/or provolone.