These have been a long time family favorite, use only dry breadcrumbs for this as fresh will not stick to the zucchini, the cayenne is only optional add in for some heat --- if desired you may slice the zucchini into rounds instead if sticks--- also see my Kittencal's Italian Zucchini-Mozzarella Patties
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 medium zucchini, unpeeled, sliced lengthwise then cut into sticks (or cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch rounds)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water (might need another egg)
- olive oil (for frying)
- In a shallow bowl whisk the eggs with water.
- In another shallow dish combine dry bread crumbs, flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, dried parsley, seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Dip the zucchini sticks in egg/water mixture (allowing any excess to drip off) then coat into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet until hot.
- Fry zucchini in hot oil until golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately.