1/2 Photos of Kittencal's Fried Parmesan Zucchini Sticks
These have been a long time family favorite, use only dry breadcrumbs for this as fresh will not stick to the zucchini, the cayenne is only optional add in for some heat --- if desired you may slice the zucchini into rounds instead if sticks--- also see my Kittencal's Italian Zucchini-Mozzarella Patties
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 medium zucchini, unpeeled, sliced lengthwise then cut into sticks (or cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch rounds)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water (might need another egg)
- olive oil (for frying)
- 1In a shallow bowl whisk the eggs with water.
- 2In another shallow dish combine dry bread crumbs, flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, dried parsley, seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper (if using).
- 3Dip the zucchini sticks in egg/water mixture (allowing any excess to drip off) then coat into the breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Heat oil in a skillet until hot.
- 5Fry zucchini in hot oil until golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally.
- 6Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Fried Parmesan Zucchini Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.7
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.1 mg
- Sodium 160.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning