1/2 Photos of Kittencal's Fried Cabbage With Bacon
This makes a wonderful side dish to pork or beef, you may omit the chili flakes if desired or adjust amount to suit taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 6 cups cabbage, cut into thin wedges (1 small head cabbage)
- 3 -4 tablespoons chicken broth (or use water)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (or use white sugar, or to taste)
- seasoned salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste, or use white salt)
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat cook the chopped bacon until crisp and browned; remove to a bowl or plate and set aside (do not drain the bacon fat).
- 2Add in onion; cook stirring until softened (about 4-5 minutes, adding in the garlic and chili flakes the last 2 minutes).
- 3Add in cabbage and broth or water and sugar; cook stirring until the cabbage wilts (about 12-15 minutes) season with salt and pepper towards the end of cooking.
- 4Stir in the cooked bacon.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Fried Cabbage With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.6
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 121.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 2.9 g