1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Fried Bologna Sandwich
This makes the best fried bologna sandwich, I think it's the buttered grilled buns that really add to the flavor! My DS loves this with a couple slices of dill pickles and chips. I like to sprinkle some garlic powder on top of the slices after spreading with butter, and before browning, but that is only optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice each of the buns in half, then spread each side with about 2 teaspoons butter (can use more).
- 2Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray or melt 1-2 tablespoons butter in the skillet until melted.
- 3Place the buns on the skillet buttered side down; leave untouched in the skillet for 1-2 minutes or until browned; remove to a plate and spread brown mustard on one or both sides of the buns (over the butter).
- 4Fry the bologna slices in the same skillet with a slit cut in the middle to prevent it from curling while frying turning once after it had developed that slighty burnt crispy coating on one side.
- 5Turn the slices over and place a slice (or two) of Swiss cheese on top, then continue to cook until the underneath part is browned and the cheese on top has melted; remove from skillet or griddle, then place the slices of cooked bologna onto each bun the top with onion slices then cover with the top part of bun.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Fried Bologna Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1058.2
- Calories from Fat 608
- Total Fat 67.6 g
- Saturated Fat 36.2 g
- Cholesterol 163.4 mg
- Sodium 1672.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 34.6 g