Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Of course you can double this and make it in a large skillet! You can use any favorite cheese you desire, cheddar is good also, I prefer Monterey Jack for omelets! The trick to a fluffy omelet is the baking powder, so do not omit and don't overcook the eggs! --- also see my Kittencal's Fluffiest Scrambled Eggs
- 3-4 large eggs
- 0.59 ml baking powder (this will create a fluffy omelet)
- 29.58 ml whipping cream (unwhipped)
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml butter (can use more or less!)
- 59.14 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded (can use more)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, baking powder, cream, green onions, salt and pepper until frothy.
- Heat an 8-inch skillet over medium heat until your hands feel warm when held about 2-inches above the surface; add in butter and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet; let set slightly.
- Using a heat-proof spatula, push eggs from edge towards the center; tilt pan to let egg fill the spaces.
- Repeat until omelet if JUST set (about 1-2 minutes).
- Sprinkle the grated cheese down the center of the omelet.
- Using the same spatula, gently fold the omelet over the cheese.
- Tilt skillet and slide the filled omelet onto a serving plate (don't worry if you tear the eggs slightly!).
baking powder...who would have thought?! We used this recipe adding in green and red peppers, green onions, cilantro, mushrooms and cheddar cheese. Yumm!!! Will use the baking powder and whipping cream in all of our omelets from now on!
Baking SODA (In the promo of 50 egg recipes) Baking POWDER (In the header of the recipe) but neither in the ingredient list
Best omelette EVER! As another reader said, I didn't have whipping cream so I used milk. Added some cut up deli ham, the suggested green onions and shredded cheddar. Spices: salt, pepper, and paprika. Mixed it in a 'bullet' blender and even my picky daughter was impressed! Thank you for sharing!