1/5 Photos of Kittencal's Fluffy Omelet
Of course you can double this and make it in a large skillet! You can use any favorite cheese you desire, cheddar is good also, I prefer Monterey Jack for omelets! The trick to a fluffy omelet is the baking powder, so do not omit and don't overcook the eggs! --- also see my Kittencal's Fluffiest Scrambled Eggs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl whisk together eggs, baking powder, cream, green onions, salt and pepper until frothy.
- 2Heat an 8-inch skillet over medium heat until your hands feel warm when held about 2-inches above the surface; add in butter and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
- 3Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet; let set slightly.
- 4Using a heat-proof spatula, push eggs from edge towards the center; tilt pan to let egg fill the spaces.
- 5Repeat until omelet if JUST set (about 1-2 minutes).
- 6Sprinkle the grated cheese down the center of the omelet.
- 7Using the same spatula, gently fold the omelet over the cheese.
- 8Tilt skillet and slide the filled omelet onto a serving plate (don't worry if you tear the eggs slightly!).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Fluffy Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.6
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 342.6 mg
- Sodium 311.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 13.3 g